In some enterprise environments, servers that run Active Directory Domain Services
are automatically assigned to Windows computers. This can result in long query times for adding groups to our software, long verification times for verifying Active Directory user passwords, and other delays.
To alleviate congestion and increase speed, WM Software's products have a way
to automatically use specific servers Active Directory Domain Services.
To do this, follow these steps
- Locate the key in the Registry under
- Edit the Name field titled 'AnyDCOverride'
- Enter a list of comma-separated AD servers you want the client to use in
either, NetBIOS, FQDN, or IPv4 address.
- The new entry will be in "AnyDC" under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\WM Software\[product name]\Settings
- The new entry is now used anytime AD servers are queried.
If the client cannot use any of these, it will search for the
default AD server and then whichever AD server responds.