To manually create an SRV record in a Microsoft DNS server:
1. On the DNS server, open DNS Manager by clicking Start, Administrative Tools, DNS.
2. Click the DNS server on which you need to create the SRV resource record.
3. In the console tree, expand Forward Lookup Zones, right-click the domain, and then click Other New Records.
4. Scroll down the list, click Service Location (SRV), and then click Create Record.
5. Type the following information:
a. Service: _wmslas for LAS, _wmssalps for a SALPS server
b. Protocol: _tcp
c. Port number: 3219 or 445
d. Host offering the service: (i.e. servername.internal.company.com)
e. When you are finished, click OK, and then click Done.
To verify DNS is setup correctly, enter the following from a command prompt on a client computer:
nslookup -type=all _wmslas._tcp
nslookup -type=all _wmssalps._tcp