Creating a minidump file for technical support
If WM Software Technical Support asks you to create a minidump file, follow these steps
1. Create a folder in the root of C: named "temp", so you have the folder: "C:\temp"
2. Run regedit.exe.
3. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting
4. Right-click on this key, and choose New -> Key
5. Name it "LocalDumps"
6. Create the following entries in the Registry under the LocalDumps key:
Create a 'String Value' in the LocalDumps key named: DumpFolder
Value data: C:\\temp
(Note the two backslashes)
Create a 'DWORD (32-bit) Value' named: DumpType
Value data: 2
Create a 'DWORD (32-bit) Value' named: CustomDumpFlags
Value data: 1124 (1124 is Hexadecimal; 4388 is Decimal)
Alternatively, if you are running 64-bit Windows Server, just create a temp folder in C:\ and you can download this exported key: minidumpx64regkey.zip
7. Run the executable. The next time it crashes, send the C:\MiniDumps\xxxxxxx.dmp file to WM Software Technicall Support ( firstname.lastname@example.org)